At First Church, we consider every pledge, tithe, offering, or contribution a gift for the life of our community of faith. No matter how it’s given, our gifts show our gratitude. We have made certain giving is as easy as possible. If you no longer carry checks or cash, but always have your phone – you can download an app or give by text. If you want to set up a weekly or monthly contribution, you can do so through e-giving. If you want to make a contribution for the weeks you are away, you can access the giving portal HERE and make your gift. Please accept our thanks for your continued generosity and support.
As we envision the next phase in the life of First Church, we’ve begun to explore the themes of Deeper Community, Deeper Conversations, and Deeper Actions . Now, I’m asking you to embark on a journey of mindful gratefulness, engaging what I’m calling Deeper Generosity. In November, I’ll be exploring what it means to live generously and gratefully in my sermon series.
What does living a life of Deeper Generosity mean for a pledge campaign?
● Focus on what you have in life, and not on what you don’t have. Most of us have been incredibly blessed in this life and can explore ways to give more freely and generously.
● Make a financial pledge to First Church this year -- a pledge that makes sense for you. I would also suggest that you pledge via eOffering. (This is how I personally give.) And it’s so easy. If your situation changes during the year, all you have to do is make one phone call to adjust it.
● Maybe your gift is $25 each week. Or maybe it’s $100 each week. Some people give much less, while some give much more. Begin where it feels right for you to begin. Begin where you can, and don’t worry about what you can’t do. Every gift -- literally every gift -- counts and is an investment in our community.
● After you find your beginning place, try to grow each year in your giving. Thoughtfully consider what increasing your giving means to you. If you grow your giving each year, after a few years – voila! -- you’ve actually created a true generosity lifestyle.
Envision what generosity looks like for you this year, fill it out, and mail it or return it in person to the Giving Table on Sunday morning. If you have questions, please call or email our Director of Finance & Advancement, Darice Bailey - 213.355.5239.
I’m so grateful for what you mean to First Church. I’m excited for this next phase in our church’s life. Join me on this journey of Deeper Generosity!
We appreciate your contributions. We’ve made donating to First Church more convenient than ever. There are plenty of ways to give electronically, and as always, you can call the Advancement Office at 213.355.5228 or email Sammi Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Other Ways to Give
* Send a text with the amount of your donation to 213-263-5830. (Ex. Text 10 for $10.00)
* If you are a first-time text-giving donor, you will be prompted to visit a secure URL, where you will enter your credit/debit card information.
* Call the Advancement Office at 213.355.5228 to set up a monthly or semimonthly recurring contribution from your checking account.