• Our Minister or your Guest Minister can officiate your Ceremony.
• We do not take special requests for ministers based on gender. A male or female minister will be assigned to your wedding based on their availability.
• We conduct wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples.
• The organ may be used for the entire ceremony or may not be used at all during your ceremony. Only our organists are allowed play the organ.
• Your ceremony organ music selections are chosen from our provided repertoire list.
• Pre-recorded music is allowed if No Organ Music is played for your Wedding Ceremony.
• Ceremony space for 3 hours (for set up, ceremony, photos, clean up)
• Venue Supervisor (This is Not the Required Wedding Coordinator)
• Minister to officiate or participate in your ceremony
• One-Hour Wedding Rehearsal
• 2 Wedding Suites/Rooms
• Audio Technician, Microphones & CD Recording of Ceremony.
• Unity candle stand, candelabra stands, candles, gift table, kneeling bench, easel, communion table as needed
• Security Guard
• Facilities Support Personnel
• Parking Included as Available
• Wi-Fi in Available Areas
There are no pre-requisites for getting married at our church. We welcome inter-faith marriages.
Our ministers are happy to officiate your wedding. We require ONE pre-marital session to get to know you and work out the details of your ceremony service & find out what traditions you’d like to include in your wedding. We do not take special requests for ministers based on gender; they will be assigned to your wedding based on their availability.
You are also more than welcome to bring your own guest officiant for your ceremony.
FCCLA takes great pride in offering one of the finest and largest church pipe organs in the world. You can choose music from our extensive repertoire list for your ceremony service.
Outside vocalists and other live musicians are allowed, all outside music must be reviewed by the Wedding & Events Manager.
Our church has a variety of spaces suitable for indoor or outdoor receptions. From intimate garden cocktails to formal dining for 300, our spaces can be transformed to your unique style and vision.
In order to guarantee quality service, we work with a list of preferred professional caterers who can provide food, beverages, staffing, and rentals. They operate on their own fee schedule which is separate from the venue rental fee. They can provide you with sample menus. You can contact them directly regarding questions or to schedule tastings.
Licensed outside caterers are allowed for an Additional $1,500 Buyout Fee. Food Trucks ARE Permitted with Limited Access.
• First Street Cuisine
Alcohol Consumption at FCCLA IS Permitted: Wine, Beer, Champagne & Hard Liquor may be served as long as it served EXCLUSIVELY by First Street Cuisine. They will pull ALL necessary permits & they are fully insured. Clients OR their Guests ARE NOT PERMITTED to Supply/Bring/Drink their own alcohol, if observed alcohol will be confiscated.
We have held numerous performances at First Church, including various other choir, orchestra, and band performances. Our Sanctuary is an ideal space with a capacity of 1000 attendees. Shatto Chapel can hold up to 130 attendees with amazing acoustics. Green rooms are available for 1-300 performers. Our Organists are available to play the organ, and all pianos are tuned regularly.
For all inquiries regarding special events, please contact the Events Department at 213-355-5212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a price estimate.
For all commercial Filming/Recording not related to a wedding or event, please contact our location representative:
The Wedding & Events Team at First Church works tirelessly to bring the Church alive with weddings, concerts, and other special events. We are the perfect place to host elegant weddings, intimate to large receptions, social events, and musical concerts and recitals. Our staff looks forward to helping make your day special.
Tours are by appointment only. Contact us with any questions or to schedule a tour.
(213) 355-5212 (office)
(213) 487-0461 (fax)
540 S. Commonwealth Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90020